The Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Tokyo will always be one of our favorite dream destinations in Japan. (✿◠‿◠)
Here are 10 things you might want to know about the magical place:
1. Studio Ghibli director Hayao Miyazaki designed the museum himself. ヽ(^。^)丿
2. Photography and video recording are not allowed inside the Museum, for maximum visual experience.
3. Aside from the Museum, there are many other Studio-Ghibli-related features in the area that one can explore: a cafe (Straw Hat Cafe), a rooftop garden, and a whimsical souvenir shop called Mamma Aiuto, based from Porco Rosso.
4. The Cat Bus room, a room with a huge catbus, is an area where only children (below 12) are allowed to play.
5. The Saturn Theater is a place where visitors can enjoy a short film showing.
6. According to a statement by Hayao Miyazaki-san, he didn’t want to make a museum that “treats its contents as if they were more important than people”, hence the Ghibli Museum was made for the people to enjoy, understand, ponder, and feel.
7. Entrance to the Ghibli Museum is strictly by advance purchase of a reserved ticket.
8. The Museum is almost always closed on Tuesdays, except for special days and occasions.
9. The Museum is open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
10. The Ghibli Museum is accessible through a community loop bus from Mitaka Station. Mitaka Station is serviced by the Chūō Line. The museum does not have a parking space for private cars.
Have you ever been to the Ghibli Museum? Please share your experiences with us! ヾ(｡･ω･｡)
Sharing the Worldwide JapanLove ♥ www.japanlover.me ♥
Art by littlemisspaintbrush ♥